Monday, June 8, 2009

Sunday, June 7th

So it has been one week and I have done so so. For the most part I have eaten well, exercised and cheated. Yes, I have eaten some pasta, buttered pop corn at the movies, and some sugar.

While I'm not as happy with myself as I want to be I'm going to be kind to myself. Tomorrow is another day and I will press forward with my journey. (I am down 2 pounds though).

As for my life I am learning much, actually more then I really want to though I know these are lessons I need to learn so that I will be the person I am hoping to become through this journey. I like my life to have order, (everything in it's place, always have a plan and a back up, goals written, dream big, hope for luck, work hard, everything nice, everything pretty), you know life in a nice little package.

What I am learning big time is that I really have no control outside of my reaction to the world around me. I can be frustrated that things aren't happening as I want them to or I can accept that I only have control over me, my thoughts and my actions. I can go through life in fear, frustrated, disappointed, always waiting for.........before I'll be happy, at peace, settled, can do....there are many many things that can get in my way of enjoying life minute by minute, day by day. But heck, I believe we are on this earth to have joy, experience many things, learn many things, share many things, help each other, dance and laugh.

Life happens and sometimes not the way I want it to which is why they call it life.... so along with losing those 30 lbs, whoops, (28lbs) I am on a journey to enjoy each day, to be happy, to stop being fearful of the economy, the gloom and doom I hear about everyday, the uncertainty I have been feeling for months now.

Heck I have a loving husband, wonderful family, great friends, a roof over my head, plenty to eat, my health, a job I love, my faith, the knowledge that Heavenly Father is aware of everything and that with him I can do anything, endure anything and just plain be thankful and happy. So that's my plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment