Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm in week four and am down 5 pounds though I'm not thinking it's from my efforts, I'm sick today and feel like I lost at least 10 pounds. Not really the way I want to see the pounds come off, (LOL).I am losing inches from my daily work out and eating better, (my clothes are getting looser).

Thank goodness the apartment is so close as I would never have made the 1 hour drive home from work. What a horrible couple of hours I had at work before I was able to drive the few miles to the apartment. Thanks mom and Ed for taking such good care of me while I suffered there, I'm sure it wasn't pleasant for you.(Thanks for the clothes mom)

The past week was extremely busy as the kids moved out of the QC house and I moved back in. My brother is staying at the apartment with my mom so she is okay, truth be told he takes better care of her on a day to day basis then I do. At this time Rich and I are working to get the house back in order and are enjoying our time together. We are working through this journey called life together and learning how to best support each other, we are the eternal couple and as such desire to take care of each other on a day to day basis.

Life has been such a roller coaster these past 6 months and I'm sure the ride is not over yet. Not exactly the way I enjoy living though I am thinking there is a lesson here for me to learn and I keep fighting it so the lessons keep coming. What is the lesson you might be asking....(That I do not have control over everything as much as I fight to have it). I like my life orderly, predictable and adventureous as long as there is a safety net. Well, the past 6 months have not been orderly or predictable though I have had my safety net and maybe that is the control I have....to know that there is always a safety net.

Too many times in life we give up just before......., we are prone to wanting things to be easy and when they aren't to giving up stating it's just too hard. I find that after going through the hard times I always look back and think, (It was worth it). The trouble is when the next hard thing comes along I tend to forget while I'm in the midst of my struggle. At least the fight to avoid the struggle keeps getting shorter as I do have the ah ha that there is probably a lesson here and to just stay still, not to make quick decision out of emotion.

For me this is huge and my wish for all of my family and friends is to not give up (just before) as there will always be struggles, failure, set backs, etc. before the big win.

Be the winner, it's so worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't life make us work so hard. Life can be so hard, but it is always worth it in the end. There is always something to work on.
    I have learned in the past three weeks that there are actually people out there worse off than myself. Very humbling.
    I won't give up if you don't.
    I will pray for your success in all you are trying to accomplish. You are amazing.
    Have a great week.
    Thanks for your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete