Monday, June 15, 2009

Okay week two did not go as planned in the diet and exercise arena though the week ended on a high note of which I am thankful. I had ice cream, carbs and only exercised formally two days and today hasn't been much better. Dang those taste buds!!!!! Thank goodness tomorrow is another day as needing to lose the two lbs I lost last week as they found me, I guess I'm just irresistible to those adorable fat molecules, or they have a great GPS tracking devise. (LOL)

So this past week was a tough one for me as pressures that have been building decided to rear their ugly heads and I was in serious stress mode. So bad in fact that when I told my husband about it he said, "let me take you to the movies", (always relaxes me and I have been known to see three in a row), when I told him that even that wouldn't help he sat down and said, "oh man, not sure what to do if the the movies won't even help". I was able to talk through it with my mom and husband, work things out in my mind and devise a plan, (one must always have a plan), and then forge on,

Remember how I stated that I like my life to be that beautiful gift box with the beautiful bow and when the box is opened everything is neatly arranged? Remember when I stated that I am trying to go with the flow, see the big picture, realize that I am not in control? Haaaaaaa; should never had said that as once said the testing begins.

Now one thing I must say I live by is that it's okay to fall, to have a melt down and yes even to talk with the little people in my head, but then I get up, dust off my knees and forge on. To fall, fail, stumble, get knocked down, these are life experiences, its what we do when faced with these life experiences that make us who we are. Its not the failing that makes us failures, it's the not trying. For me sometimes I fall softly and the getting up is easy, once in awhile I fall hard and the breath gets knocked out of me. Those are the ones that throw me for a loop as I consider myself a strong woman who can handle anything. Those are the times I re asses, check for damage and rely on past experiences of my friends, family and my own that assure me that this too will pass. Oh yea, there is also that wonderful little saying... "If it doesn't kill you, it will make you stronger".

I think too many times we humans are so worried about what other humans think of us, specifically that they will think less of us if we actually share our struggles that we put forth only our pretty, sunny, everything is great side of our lives. This of course perpetuates the self loathing. So I say to all of my friends out there who share their joys and struggles thank you, thank you for giving me the courage to be all that I am, to be able to share the good, bad and ugly.

We are here to help each other, to raise each other up, to give each other a hand, to be the light in the darkness. None of us know what its like to walk in another's shoes, what life experience have brought them where they are, So bravo to all of you that do not lift yourselves up by bringing others down....you are my heroes!

No comments:

Post a Comment